Creating a Registration Form with the Form Wizard
In this tutorial you will learn how to create a Registration form with the Form Wizard.
1. Name your Form
Here you give your form a name. The name is only for the administration of the form and not visible to submitters of the form.
Type in the form name, f. e. "Registration Form".
2. Form Elements
We provide you with 3 default form fields that are typically necessary when a user wants to register on your page.
To add more fields, select them from the drop-down menu on the right side and click "Add Field".
For each field, fill out the tabs General, Validation and Advanced.
Label: This is the field name
Description: This is shown as an help text to the one who fills out the form.
Required: Select if the field is required or not.
Validation Error Message: Type in your individual error message. That message appears when the user didn't fill in the required field.
3. Mail Notification
Here you can set a mail notification to get a mail notification any time a user submits the form.
Fill in the form fields:
- Label = The name of the email notification
- To = The name of the sender that appears in the „From“ field of the email
- From = The email address that appears in the „From“ field of the email
- Sent mail to = The email addresses that get an email notification each time new content is submitted
- Subject = Message subject
- Content = Here you compose your individual message. You can use form and field slugs to enhance your notification message.
7. Ready to Publish
High Five! Your form is ready!
Find here all the short codes that you can embed in any page or article you like to publish your form and/or the related objects. Click Copy + C to save it into your clipboard for further use.
From the menu on the right sight, you can jump right into the preview of your new form, your submissions or back to the form itself.
To continue: Read the instructions about Publishing the Form and learn how to embed it.